Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue July 16, 2013
Car Sales In Europe Drop To A 20-Year Low
Originally published on Tue July 16, 2013 5:21 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with Europe stalling.
Car sales in Europe are at a 20-year low. The European Automobile Manufacturers' Association calculates this based on the number of car registrations in a given period. For June, registrations were down more than 6 percent compared to a year earlier. Analysts say the EU's high unemployment rate is to blame.
When it comes to individual companies, Fiat saw the biggest decline and Ford has actually seen its sales numbers in Europe improve. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.