Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue July 16, 2013
Car Sales In Europe Drop To A 20-Year Low
Originally published on Tue July 16, 2013 5:21 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with Europe stalling.
Car sales in Europe are at a 20-year low. The European Automobile Manufacturers' Association calculates this based on the number of car registrations in a given period. For June, registrations were down more than 6 percent compared to a year earlier. Analysts say the EU's high unemployment rate is to blame.
When it comes to individual companies, Fiat saw the biggest decline and Ford has actually seen its sales numbers in Europe improve. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.