Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Thu September 18, 2003
Bush nominates Alabama businessman as ambassador
By Associated Press
Washington, DC – President Bush has chosen Alabama businessman William Cabaniss to be U-S ambassador to the Czech Republic.
Cabaniss currently is president and chief executive officer of Precision Grinding Incorporated of Birmingham. Before that, he served in Alabama's Senate and House of Representatives. He earned a bachelor's degree from Vanderbilt University.
Cabaniss' nomination must be approved by the Senate.