Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu September 18, 2003
Bush nominates Alabama businessman as ambassador
By Associated Press
Washington, DC – President Bush has chosen Alabama businessman William Cabaniss to be U-S ambassador to the Czech Republic.
Cabaniss currently is president and chief executive officer of Precision Grinding Incorporated of Birmingham. Before that, he served in Alabama's Senate and House of Representatives. He earned a bachelor's degree from Vanderbilt University.
Cabaniss' nomination must be approved by the Senate.