Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Alabama Cheerleaders Wreck
Wed January 9, 2013
Bus Carrying 'Bama Cheerleaders Involved In Wreck
Montgomery police say a charter bus carrying home University of Alabama cheerleaders from the BCS championship game was involved in a wreck that left one person with life-threatening injuries.
Authorities say the crash happened about 10:20 p.m. Tuesday on Western Boulevard at Interstate 65. Police say the accident involved the cheerleaders' bus, which was carrying 31 people; a car; and a pickup truck.
Police say no one on the bus was hurt, but a passenger in the pickup suffered life-threatening injuries. Lt. Regina Duckett says the victim remained in stable condition Wednesday.
Duckett says two people in the car suffered minor injuries.
Officials say the cheerleading squad was headed back to Tuscaloosa from the BCS title game in Miami, an 800-mile ride.
The football team flew home earlier.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.