Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Alabama Cheerleaders Wreck
Wed January 9, 2013
Bus Carrying 'Bama Cheerleaders Involved In Wreck
Montgomery police say a charter bus carrying home University of Alabama cheerleaders from the BCS championship game was involved in a wreck that left one person with life-threatening injuries.
Authorities say the crash happened about 10:20 p.m. Tuesday on Western Boulevard at Interstate 65. Police say the accident involved the cheerleaders' bus, which was carrying 31 people; a car; and a pickup truck.
Police say no one on the bus was hurt, but a passenger in the pickup suffered life-threatening injuries. Lt. Regina Duckett says the victim remained in stable condition Wednesday.
Duckett says two people in the car suffered minor injuries.
Officials say the cheerleading squad was headed back to Tuscaloosa from the BCS title game in Miami, an 800-mile ride.
The football team flew home earlier.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.