Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Science & Health
Fri September 13, 2013
Bug Boom Leads to Explosion of Spiders in Alabama
A cooler and wetter than normal summer has led to an explosion in the spider population in Alabama.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports (http://on.mgmadv.com/18ajH8F) that the weather conditions have led to more bugs, which means the arachnids have more to eat.
Pest control companies in the Montgomery area say they've seen a stream of calls from new customers complaining about more spiders around their homes and in their yards.
Ron Hurd, sales manager for Cook's Pest Control in Montgomery, says callers are reporting more spiders than they've ever seen.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com