Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
2013 Legislative Session
Mon April 1, 2013
Budget a Priority for Legislature in 2nd Half
The Alabama Legislature begins the second half of its 2013 session on Tuesday.
Gov. Robert Bentley says his priority for the second half is passing balanced budgets. The former House representative says that's the Legislature's only constitutional duty. A House committee is scheduled to begin work on the education budget Tuesday. The Senate has already approved the General Fund budget and sent it to a House committee.
Bentley says his other priorities include bills restructuring the state Medicaid program and providing new legal protection to the Airbus plant being built in Mobile. Bentley says placing limits on lawsuits against large planes built in Alabama is crucial to attracting more suppliers.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.