Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu March 21, 2013
Broadway Understudy Is Less Than 'Purrfect'
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Last night was opening night for the Broadway show "Breakfast at Tiffany's," but The New York Times reports it was also curtains for one of the actors. Montie Corelli was fired. He had been the main understudy for Vito Vincent in the role of a cat. The black-and-white feline apparently refused to follow stage directions. But hey, he's a cat. And likely the casting process to replace Monti was a lot like herding cats.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.