Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Gulf Oil Spill-Trial
Mon October 7, 2013
BP Trial To Focus On Scientists' Spill Estimates
A trial over the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf is now focusing on how much crude gushed from BP's blown-out well.
Lawyers for BP and the federal government today began to offer conflicting scientific theories to explain their different estimates.
The amount of oil that spewed into the Gulf is a key factor in determining how much more money BP and its contractors owe for their roles in the deadly disaster.
Using the government's figures, a maximum penalty if BP is found grossly negligent could total 18 billion dollars. Using BP figures, the maximum would be around 10.5 billion dollars.
Gulf Oil Spill-Settlement
Gulf Oil Spill Settlement