Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu July 1, 2004
Bonner Draws Criticism For Lack of Stance on LNG Issue
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – U.S. Congressman Jo Bonner recently refused to take part in a community forum devoted to liquefied natural gas issues...and now the candidate who's after his seat says Bonner was evading the issue. Democratic congressional candidate Judy Belk says the incumbent Republican should attend the forum that Mobile Bay Watch and other groups want to hold, so both candidates can explain their positions on the federal government's efforts to keep control over the site of L-N-G facilities. Bonner proposed a single, broader debate on a range of issues. Belk instead wants to have debates throughout the six counties of the southwest Alabama first district. Bonner so far has taken no position on the proposals by three different companies to put L-N-G facilities in the Mobile area. Belk opposes the action, citing safety concerns.