Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 30, 2004
Body of Mobile Soldier Back in U.S.
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – The body of 20-year-old Marine Lance Corporal Brad Faircloth has arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware. Faircloth is a Mobile native. He was killed in fighting with insurgents in Fallujah on Thanksgiving Day. Funeral services in Mobile have been tentatively set for Thursday. Faircloth was the seventh member of the armed forces from the Mobile area to be killed in Iraq. He was wounded twice within a week before being killed and will be posthumously awarded his third Purple Heart. Faircloth was a member for the First Battalion, Eighth Marines, Alpha Company, Third platoon. He was stationed in North Carolina.