Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Arts & Culture
Mon September 29, 2003
Blues Artist Willie King -- Unedited Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was recently featured in Martin Scorsese's documentery "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries to air nationally on public television as part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and his work in his community.