Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Culture
Mon September 29, 2003
Blues Artist Willie King -- Unedited Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was recently featured in Martin Scorsese's documentery "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries to air nationally on public television as part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and his work in his community.