Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 3, 2008
Blue Voters in a Red State Adopt Homegrown Symbol
By Brandon Hollingsworth
Tuscaloosa, AL – Four years ago in Birmingham, Joellyn Beckham and Gina Williams decided they couldn't possibly be alone in their liberal leanings. So they designed a simple sticker to express their views: a bright blue dot in a red square.
Today, the logos decorate vehicles in at least 44 states and they've even turned up on former presidential candidates Howard Dean and Wesley Clark. Pretty high goals for a sticker with humble roots in the Heart of Dixie.
APR's Morning Edition anchor Brandon Hollingsworth spoke with co-creator Joellyn Beckham.