Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue January 18, 2005
Blockbuster Still Wants Hollywood Entertainment
By Alabama Public Radio
Dothan, AL – The Alabama-based rental chain Movie Gallery reached a deal last week to purchase another rental chain, Hollywood Entertainment. That would merge the number three and number two movie rental businesses in the country. But, that hasn't stopped Blockbuster, the nation's number one rental chain, from staying interested in Hollywood Entertainment. Blockbuster's announcement may mean a bidding war is on the way. Blockbuster's chairman and chief executive says he's disappointed Hollywood accepted Movie Gallery's offer without allowing Blockbuster to counter bid.