Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Spencer Bachus Retires
Mon September 30, 2013
Blackwell A Possible Contender For Bachus Seat
Possible U.S. House candidates are coming forward following Rep. Spencer Bachus' decision against seeking re-election for Alabama's 6th District congressional seat.
Republican state Sen. Slade Blackwell of Mountain Brooks says he is considering the opportunity to run for the position, and his final decision will be based on his family.
Walker County minister Stan Cooke says people are encouraging him to switch from the GOP lieutenant governor's race to a House campaign. But he is leaning toward staying with the lieutenant governor's campaign.
State Sen. Cam Ward of Alabaster tweets that he's got big decisions ahead of him, and he's thankful for calls from supporters.
Bachus announced Monday he won't seek re-election next year after serving 11 terms in the House. Bachus represents central Alabama and much of metro Birmingham.
Birmingham Bombing - Congress