Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 23, 2004
Black Belt Counties Receive Transportation Funds
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – Congress has passed a 388 billion dollar spending measure that includes 40 million dollars for Black Belt counties. The money would help with road and transportation projects within the Delta Regional Authority's area. The largest initiative is a 25 million dollar allocation to help with several transportation needs such as roadwork, bridges and buses. Another 15 million dollars will go toward the planning and design of a proposed highway that would stretch from Montgomery to the Mississippi state line.