Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Business & Education
Thu November 15, 2012
Birmingham PD Hosts Anti-Bullying Conference
Police in Birmingham are trying to combat bullying among young people.
The Birmingham Police Department will host an anti-bullying conference that's scheduled for Thursday evening.
The meeting is open to both parents and students in the metropolitan area. It will include a keynote speaker and tips on ways to prevent bullying.
Alabama is one of 49 states with laws aimed at preventing bullying among students, but concerns remain in many of the state's 132 school districts about implementing the law.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.