Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Business & Education
Thu November 15, 2012
Birmingham PD Hosts Anti-Bullying Conference
Police in Birmingham are trying to combat bullying among young people.
The Birmingham Police Department will host an anti-bullying conference that's scheduled for Thursday evening.
The meeting is open to both parents and students in the metropolitan area. It will include a keynote speaker and tips on ways to prevent bullying.
Alabama is one of 49 states with laws aimed at preventing bullying among students, but concerns remain in many of the state's 132 school districts about implementing the law.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.