Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Wed May 29, 2013
Biloxi prepares to unveil new minor league ballpark
BILOXI, Miss. (AP) - Biloxi Mayor A.J. Holloway and Gov. Phil Bryant will unveil preliminary architectural designs for a new minor league baseball stadium in downtown Biloxi. The announcement will come Thursday at the proposed stadium site located north of the Beau Rivage Casino's parking garage on U.S. Highway 90. The Biloxi City Council has announced their intent to issue up to $21 million in bonds to construct a new baseball stadium on the site. Bryant is expected to announce whether the state intends to pitch in any money for the project. Officials say the stadium will seat 7,000 baseball fans with space for more than 14,000 for a concert or other event. Mississippi's other minor league stadium was built in Pearl in 2004 for the Double A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves.