Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Wed May 29, 2013
Biloxi prepares to unveil new minor league ballpark
BILOXI, Miss. (AP) - Biloxi Mayor A.J. Holloway and Gov. Phil Bryant will unveil preliminary architectural designs for a new minor league baseball stadium in downtown Biloxi. The announcement will come Thursday at the proposed stadium site located north of the Beau Rivage Casino's parking garage on U.S. Highway 90. The Biloxi City Council has announced their intent to issue up to $21 million in bonds to construct a new baseball stadium on the site. Bryant is expected to announce whether the state intends to pitch in any money for the project. Officials say the stadium will seat 7,000 baseball fans with space for more than 14,000 for a concert or other event. Mississippi's other minor league stadium was built in Pearl in 2004 for the Double A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves.