Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Wed January 23, 2013
Best Writing-- Remembering 1992
On the eve of the 2012 BCS College Football championship game in New Orleans, a group of Alabamians in their early forties looked back on a similar accomplishment. 2012 was the twentieth anniversary of the Crimson Tide’s title winning season under Coach Gene Stallings. APR’s Pat Duggins spoke with fans of the 1992 Alabama team, as well as former players Prince Wimbley, Martin Houston, and Dennis Deason. They won the championship in New Orleans over Miami, and all voiced concerns over the Tide’s upcoming game against the Louisiana State University Tigers, who was Alabama’s nemesis, even in 1992.