Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed January 23, 2013
Best Use of Sound--Dining with Frank
Restaurant goers from Birmingham to New York City know the influence of Chef Frank Stitt. The James Beard award winning chef operates Highlands Bar & Grill in Birmingham, Alabama, which just marked its thirtieth anniversary. Former workers who studied under Stitt have moved on to run other restaurants like Gramercy Tavern in New York. APR’s Pat Duggins reports on Stitt’s influence in a story which goes from Highlands Bar & Grill, to Gramercy in New York, which is recovering from Hurricane Sandy, to the halls of the hospital of the University of Alabama in Birmingham. Patients recovering there can order menu items created by Stitt as a community outreach project.