Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed January 23, 2013
Best Use of Sound--Dining with Frank
Restaurant goers from Birmingham to New York City know the influence of Chef Frank Stitt. The James Beard award winning chef operates Highlands Bar & Grill in Birmingham, Alabama, which just marked its thirtieth anniversary. Former workers who studied under Stitt have moved on to run other restaurants like Gramercy Tavern in New York. APR’s Pat Duggins reports on Stitt’s influence in a story which goes from Highlands Bar & Grill, to Gramercy in New York, which is recovering from Hurricane Sandy, to the halls of the hospital of the University of Alabama in Birmingham. Patients recovering there can order menu items created by Stitt as a community outreach project.