Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon May 5, 2014
Best Regularly Scheduled Newscast-- Alabama Public Radio
The morning of August 14, 2013, a UPS cargo jet crashed landed just short of the runway at Birmingham/Shuttlesworth International Airport. Alabama Public Radio newscaster Ryan Vasquez brought our listeners the latest on the investigation, as well as the evacuation of the State Attorney General's office due to suspicious white powder found inside an envelope. Victims of Alabama's on-going drought also face a deadline to apply for relief from the Small Business Administration.