Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon May 5, 2014
Best Regularly Scheduled Newscast-- Alabama Public Radio
The morning of August 14, 2013, a UPS cargo jet crashed landed just short of the runway at Birmingham/Shuttlesworth International Airport. Alabama Public Radio newscaster Ryan Vasquez brought our listeners the latest on the investigation, as well as the evacuation of the State Attorney General's office due to suspicious white powder found inside an envelope. Victims of Alabama's on-going drought also face a deadline to apply for relief from the Small Business Administration.