Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Sat January 18, 2014
Best Newscast--- Alabama Public Radio
On December 20, 2013, Alabama Public Radio newscaster Jeremy Loeb informed our listeners on an approaching squall line which could prompt violent weather over the last shopping weekend before Christmas. APR reporter Stan Ingold reported on President Barack Obama's decision not to issue a pardon for former Alabama governor Don Siegelman, who's serving federal jail time on a corruption conviction. Jeremy also had details on a new hospital for the town of Thomasville as well as a University of Alabama study on how the Friday and Saturday before Christmas were statistically the worst days for traffic accidents before the holidays.