Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon May 5, 2014
Best General Sports: "BCS Title Game" Alabama Public Radio
The University of Alabama Crimson Tide faced the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in the 2013 BCS title game at Miami’s Orange Bowl. The rivalry between Tuscaloosa and South Bend was a sensitive subject for Tide fans, since Notre Dame beat Bama by a single point in the 1973 Sugar Bowl. Many Alabama supporters at the 2013 title game were in New Orleans forty years ago and remember the loss vividly. APR's Pat Duggins reported throughout the event, both on the field and off. Along with the game, there was plenty of crimson, white, blue, and gold throughout Miami during the weekend before the BCS College Football Championship game in 2013. That includes the inner city neighborhood of Overtown, where botanical flowers in the team colors of Alabama and Notre Dame were planted in an urban garden built by fans of both schools.