Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon March 4, 2013
Best Coverage of a Spot News Story--Alabama BCS Victory
Alabama Public Radio's Pat Duggins reports on the University of Alabama football team's victory during the 2012 BCS college football championship in New Orleans, by defeating the only team that beat the Crimson Tide during the regular season. The Louisiana State University left Tide fans demoralized by forcing Alabama into overtime before a hometown crowd in Tuscaloosa, and then winning by a field goal. Duggins reports on how both teams won slots in the BCS game, with Alabama winning with a 21-0 shutdown.