Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon March 4, 2013
Best Coverage of a Spot News Story--Alabama BCS Victory
Alabama Public Radio's Pat Duggins reports on the University of Alabama football team's victory during the 2012 BCS college football championship in New Orleans, by defeating the only team that beat the Crimson Tide during the regular season. The Louisiana State University left Tide fans demoralized by forcing Alabama into overtime before a hometown crowd in Tuscaloosa, and then winning by a field goal. Duggins reports on how both teams won slots in the BCS game, with Alabama winning with a 21-0 shutdown.