Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon May 5, 2014
Best Anchor--Ryan Vasquez, Alabama Public Radio
On August 13, 2013, APR news anchor Ryan Vasquez updated our audience on the UPS cargo jet crash at Birmingham/Shuttlesworth International Airport, which left the flight crew dead and local residents asking questions about safety. The same day, the Alabama Attorney General's office was evacuated when an envelope containing a white powder was opened. Finally, Ryan reported on the approaching deadline for residents to apply for loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration due to Alabama's on-going drought.