Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Alabama Budget Officer
Tue July 22, 2014
Bentley Taps Butler As Ala. State Budget Officer
Longtime state fiscal expert Kelly Butler is Alabama's new state budget officer.
Gov. Robert Bentley announced Butler's appointment on Tuesday.
The state budget officer leads the Executive Budget Office and advises the administration on the state's General Fund and education budgets.
Butler has been assistant state budget officer for two years. He previously worked for 19 years with the Legislative Fiscal Office, most recently serving as the state Senate's fiscal officer.
Bentley says Butler brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the job.