Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Alabama Budget Officer
Tue July 22, 2014
Bentley Taps Butler As Ala. State Budget Officer
Longtime state fiscal expert Kelly Butler is Alabama's new state budget officer.
Gov. Robert Bentley announced Butler's appointment on Tuesday.
The state budget officer leads the Executive Budget Office and advises the administration on the state's General Fund and education budgets.
Butler has been assistant state budget officer for two years. He previously worked for 19 years with the Legislative Fiscal Office, most recently serving as the state Senate's fiscal officer.
Bentley says Butler brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the job.