Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Alabama Budget Officer
Tue July 22, 2014
Bentley Taps Butler As Ala. State Budget Officer
Longtime state fiscal expert Kelly Butler is Alabama's new state budget officer.
Gov. Robert Bentley announced Butler's appointment on Tuesday.
The state budget officer leads the Executive Budget Office and advises the administration on the state's General Fund and education budgets.
Butler has been assistant state budget officer for two years. He previously worked for 19 years with the Legislative Fiscal Office, most recently serving as the state Senate's fiscal officer.
Bentley says Butler brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the job.