Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Science & Health
Mon August 25, 2014
Bentley Names Drone Task Force
Gov. Robert Bentley has created a task force to look at the potential uses of drones in agriculture, conservation and law enforcement.
Bentley says the new Alabama Drone Task Force will review the Federal Aviation Administration requirements for the use of drones in Alabama and establish the necessary guidelines.
State Agriculture Commissioner John McMillan is chairman of the task force. McMillan says it's time for Alabama to be proactive with ideas that enable the rapidly developing drone technology to be a positive innovation for the long term.
Other task force members are state Transportation Director John Cooper, state Conservation Commissioner Gunter Guy, state Law Enforcement Secretary Spencer Collier and Montgomery Airport Authority board member Jimmy Reynolds.
The task force is supposed to develop a drone management plan before Jan. 15.
Drone Testing Site
Politics & Government