Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Politics & Government
Wed July 2, 2014
Bentley Appoints Workforce Council
Alabama Governor Robert Bentley has appointed nearly 30 people to a council that will advise state officials and education leaders on tailoring the state's educational programs to the workforce needs of new and existing businesses.
Bentley says Alabama Power executive Zeke Smith will serve as chairman of the Alabama Workforce Council. Smith says it is important to have an open dialogue between industry and education. Other members includes executives of some of Alabama's leading industries, including Honda, American Cast Iron Pipe, Neptune Technology, Mercedes Benz, Austal Ship Building and Buffalo Rock.
The Legislature passed a bill in the spring to create the council.