Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Politics & Government
Wed June 11, 2014
Beeker Endorsed by 2 Opponents in PSC Runoff
Two former candidates for Place 2 on the Alabama Public Service Commission have endorsed former Greene County Commission Chairman Chip Beeker in the Republican runoff July 15.
The primary election June 3 put Beeker in a runoff with incumbent Commissioner Terry Dunn.
Birmingham businessman Jonathan Barbee, who finished third, and Alabama Minority GOP Chairman Phillip Brown of Birmingham, who finished fourth, say they are throwing their support to Beeker. Barbee called Beeker the only remaining candidate who can effectively fight a radical environmental agenda.
Dunn responded to the endorsements by calling Beeker "Alabama Power's chosen one."
Republican voters also will decide runoffs July 15 for secretary of state, state auditor and the 6th Congressional District.