Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
2011 Storm Reports
Tue June 7, 2011
Be Prepared: A Look At Building Storm Shelters In Ala.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – 238 Alabamians died in April's storms. Many more were injured. But, unlike other states in "tornado alley," Alabama doesn't have as many storm shelters and basements for people to take cover. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez takes a look at why that is, and how the recent storms will change that.