Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
2011 Storm Reports
Tue June 7, 2011
Be Prepared: A Look At Building Storm Shelters In Ala.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – 238 Alabamians died in April's storms. Many more were injured. But, unlike other states in "tornado alley," Alabama doesn't have as many storm shelters and basements for people to take cover. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez takes a look at why that is, and how the recent storms will change that.