Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2011 Storm Reports
Tue June 7, 2011
Be Prepared: A Look At Building Storm Shelters In Ala.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – 238 Alabamians died in April's storms. Many more were injured. But, unlike other states in "tornado alley," Alabama doesn't have as many storm shelters and basements for people to take cover. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez takes a look at why that is, and how the recent storms will change that.