Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
2011 Storm Reports
Tue June 7, 2011
Be Prepared: A Look At Building Storm Shelters In Ala.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – 238 Alabamians died in April's storms. Many more were injured. But, unlike other states in "tornado alley," Alabama doesn't have as many storm shelters and basements for people to take cover. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez takes a look at why that is, and how the recent storms will change that.