Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
APR News Reports
Mon January 9, 2012
BCS College Football Championship: "Remembering 1992"
Tuscaloosa, Alabama – The Alabama Crimson Tide is facing the Louisiana State University Tigers for the BCS College Football Championship in New Orleans. This year also marks the 20th anniversary of Alabama's 1992 championship season, when the team beat Miami at the Louisiana Superdome. The Crystal Football trophy was presented by the Bowl Coalition, which preceded the BCS. Alabama Public Radio's Pat Duggins reports a lot of fans are making a lot of comparisons this year to the 1992 team.