Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
APR News Reports
Mon January 9, 2012
BCS College Football Championship: "Remembering 1992"
Tuscaloosa, Alabama – The Alabama Crimson Tide is facing the Louisiana State University Tigers for the BCS College Football Championship in New Orleans. This year also marks the 20th anniversary of Alabama's 1992 championship season, when the team beat Miami at the Louisiana Superdome. The Crystal Football trophy was presented by the Bowl Coalition, which preceded the BCS. Alabama Public Radio's Pat Duggins reports a lot of fans are making a lot of comparisons this year to the 1992 team.