Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 20, 2012
BBC Weatherman Apologizes For Inaccurate Forecast
Originally published on Mon August 20, 2012 12:50 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Rainy weather is the norm in Britain, and so forgive people in southeast England for being excited when the BBC was calling for a dry, sunny weekend. Their barbecues, though, were short lived after a series of storms erupted. A weatherman from the BBC took to the air to apologize. The Telegraph says he admitted his computers had predicted rain. Apparently he and his colleagues were just feeling more optimistic. Then they ended up red faced, though not from the sun. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.