Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu July 8, 2004
Bay Minette Sewer System Under Investigation
By Alabama Public Radio
Bay Minette, AL – The Environmental Protection Agency is apparently checking into wastewater discharges by Bay Minette's sewer system. Baldwin County District Attorney David Whetstone said Wednesday that there are allegations involving multiple illegal sewage discharges during a period when the utility reported no spills. The city's Utilities Board placed longtime general manager Harry Still on administrative leave last week pending the outcome of the probe. But board attorney E-E Ball says the move was just a precaution. He stresses that no employee has been accused of any wrongdoing, and he says the utility is complying with E-P-A requests.