Most Active Stories
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Lang Lang In Concert At The Met Museum
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Wed September 4, 2013
Barry Mask Resigns Ala House
A state legislator from Wetumpka is quitting the Alabama House before the end of his term.
Republican Rep. Barry Mask says he is resigning at the end of this month.
Mask is the new chief executive of the Alabama Association of Realtors, and he will concentrate on that job full time.
Mask is the third Republican to quit the House this summer. He announced his departure in a statement Tuesday.
Reps. Jim Barton of Mobile and Jay Love of Montgomery both resigned their House seats previously.
Barton was chairman of the House General Fund budget committee, and Love chaired the education budget committee. Mask was chairman of the Economic Development and Tourism Committee.
Gov. Robert Bentley will set a date for a special election to fill Mask's District 31 seat.