Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 23, 2004
Baptist Health, Samford To Buy Digital Hospital
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Baptist Health System and Samford University have entered into negotiations to buy HealthSouth's hospital that's under construction on Highway 280 in Birmingham. The two sides are starting exclusive talks, so officials would not disclose possible terms or a timetable for the deal. The hospital has been controversial since the state Legislature passed a law exempting the project from regulatory review because it would be the country's first fully computerized hospital. Baptist and Samford announced in May that they were forming a joint Institute for Health Care Quality to enhance training, research and education for their health care professionals and students.