Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed August 25, 2004
Bachus Returns to DC for Hearing
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – The U-S House Transportation Committee is considering aviation security recommendations proposed by the 9/11 Commission. Congressman Spencer Bachus returned to Washington to attend the hearing. He wants immediate changes in the screening process for airline passengers. And, he says he wants them implemented within three months. Bachus says soldiers in uniform are being forced to remove their combat boots when going through security. He also complained people in wheelchairs are being forced out of their chairs and required to walk unassisted through metal detectors.