Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Thu June 20, 2013
Auto Seat Maker Breaking Ground in Montgomery
An automotive supplier is breaking ground on a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing plant in Montgomery.
Gov. Robert Bentley and other officials will be on hand for a ceremony being held Thursday afternoon for DAS North America.
The company makes seats for Kia and Hyundai vehicles. The expansion will create about 300 jobs in the Montgomery Industrial Park.
The company is currently located in a temporary facility that employs about 100 people.
The $37 million project is supposed to be complete next year.