Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Thu June 20, 2013
Auto Seat Maker Breaking Ground in Montgomery
An automotive supplier is breaking ground on a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing plant in Montgomery.
Gov. Robert Bentley and other officials will be on hand for a ceremony being held Thursday afternoon for DAS North America.
The company makes seats for Kia and Hyundai vehicles. The expansion will create about 300 jobs in the Montgomery Industrial Park.
The company is currently located in a temporary facility that employs about 100 people.
The $37 million project is supposed to be complete next year.