Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Business & Education
Thu June 20, 2013
Auto Seat Maker Breaking Ground in Montgomery
An automotive supplier is breaking ground on a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing plant in Montgomery.
Gov. Robert Bentley and other officials will be on hand for a ceremony being held Thursday afternoon for DAS North America.
The company makes seats for Kia and Hyundai vehicles. The expansion will create about 300 jobs in the Montgomery Industrial Park.
The company is currently located in a temporary facility that employs about 100 people.
The $37 million project is supposed to be complete next year.