Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri May 28, 2004
Authorities Will Patrol This Weekend
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – State Troopers will join other law enforcement agencies this weekend in increasing enforcement of Alabama's seat belt and child restraint laws. The Department of Public Safety estimates 13 people will die in roadway accidents during the Memorial Day holiday. Last year, troopers reported nine deaths in holiday traffic accidents. State Public Safety Director Colonel Mike Coppage says highway checkpoints will be set up across the state as part of the nationwide Click It or Ticket campaign. D-U-I enforcement and speed limit violations also will be monitored closely. Coppage also says state troopers will quadruple the number of patrols on all interstates and U-S Highways 231 and 331.