Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu June 19, 2014
Authorities ID 3 People Killed In Plane Crash
Authorities have identified three people killed in a Huntsville plane crash.
Madison County Deputy Coroner David Young tells WHNT-TV that 57-year-old William Christopher II of Center Point, Alabama; 67-year-old Kenneth Lynn Rousseau of Harpersville, Alabama; and 60-year-old Robin Gary Smith of Yukon, Oklahoma, were killed in the crash.
Officials say the plane veered from a runway and caught fire Wednesday afternoon at Huntsville International Airport. Airport spokeswoman Karen Yarbrough said the 10-seat plane crashed just to the right of the runway.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the Westwind II aircraft was trying to depart from the airport at the time. Bergen said authorities were unsure of the plane's destination.
Bergen said the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.