Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Science & Health
Thu July 3, 2014
Auburn University Upgrades Aviation Program
Auburn University officials say upgrades to the school's aviation program will focus on research and supporting the aerospace and aviation industries.
School officials on Tuesday said a new aviation center will oversee Auburn's flight school and work with the Harbert School of Business on professional flight management and aviation management programs.
School officials say they're hoping the upgraded aviation program will support economic development in Alabama. The center will be housed at the Auburn University Regional Airport.
Airport Director Bill Hutto has been named as the director of the school's aviation center.