Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- Avery Johnson: "I'm Your Guy"
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Jail Terms Handed To Most Atlanta Teachers Convicted In Cheating Scandal
Science & Health
Thu July 3, 2014
Auburn University Upgrades Aviation Program
Auburn University officials say upgrades to the school's aviation program will focus on research and supporting the aerospace and aviation industries.
School officials on Tuesday said a new aviation center will oversee Auburn's flight school and work with the Harbert School of Business on professional flight management and aviation management programs.
School officials say they're hoping the upgraded aviation program will support economic development in Alabama. The center will be housed at the Auburn University Regional Airport.
Airport Director Bill Hutto has been named as the director of the school's aviation center.