Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Business & Education
Fri February 1, 2013
Auburn Trustees Select 2 to Board Positions
The Auburn University Board of Trustees has approved two men for positions on the board.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports (http://bit.ly/WCL75N) that the board made the decision during a meeting in Montgomery Thursday afternoon.
Mike DeMaioribus was approved as the District 8 trustee; and Wayne Smith was approved as an at-large trustee.
The 58-year-old DeMaioribus is the senior vice president at Dynetics Inc., a Huntsville-based company that specializes in intelligence, missiles, aviation and space.
The 66-year-old Wayne Smith is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Community Health Systems in Franklin, Tenn. The company operates or leases 135 hospitals in 29 states.
Their appointments will be made official with passage of a resolution by the Alabama Legislature, which will convene Feb. 5.
Information from: Opelika-Auburn News, http://www.oanow.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.