Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Wed November 21, 2012
Auburn Police Seek 2 After Toomer's Oaks Fire
Auburn police are trying to identify two people who were near the landmark trees at Toomer's Corner shortly before they burst into flames early Sunday.
Police say city webcams captured images of the two, who both appear to be wearing dark-colored pants and light-colored shirts.
Auburn police Capt. Tom Stofer says investigators want to talk to the two to either rule them in or out of the case.
A video shows two people crossing College Street and walking under the trees, which were draped in toilet paper after the football team's victory Saturday night. No flames are visible.
The fire damaged the trees, which already are dying. A University of Alabama fan charged with poisoning the trees is undergoing mental testing to determine if he can stand trial.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.