Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri October 3, 2003
Auburn Faculty Senate to Consider Board Issue
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – There are new developments in the effort to remove Senator Lowell Barron from the Auburn University Board of Trustees. The Auburn University faculty Senate is scheduled to meet October 14th and could consider a resolution calling for Barron's resignation. Judy Sheppard, a faculty Senate steering committee member and associate professor of journalism, says Barron clearly tried to block legislative consideration of three new board nominees. The state Senate Confirmations Committee was unable to vote on the Auburn University nominees last week because there were not enough members present for quorum. Sheppard and other faculty members accuse Senator Barron of orchestrating the delay to keep his board seat longer. Barron was unable to be reached for comment yesterday afternoon.