Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon February 9, 2004
Auburn Drops SACS Suit
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Auburn University interim President Ed Richardson says the school will drop the lawsuit it filed against the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The suit was filed filed by former president William Walker in 2001 after the school was criticized for alleged micromanagment by the its Board of Trustees. But Richardson says dropping the suit will signal to SACS the university is willing to work with the accrediting association. The school was placed on probation in December.
Richardson also says the lawsuit has already cost the university more than one million dollars.