Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon February 9, 2004
Auburn Drops SACS Suit
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Auburn University interim President Ed Richardson says the school will drop the lawsuit it filed against the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The suit was filed filed by former president William Walker in 2001 after the school was criticized for alleged micromanagment by the its Board of Trustees. But Richardson says dropping the suit will signal to SACS the university is willing to work with the accrediting association. The school was placed on probation in December.
Richardson also says the lawsuit has already cost the university more than one million dollars.