Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Thu September 9, 2004
AU SGA VP Will Serve Community Service for Avoiding Parking Tickets
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Auburn University's Student Government Association vice president has been sentenced to community service for scheming to avoid paying parking fines. Reports say that Allison O'Neal pleaded guilty as a youthful offender to the misdemeanor last week. A grand jury indicted her in May for using a forged document to dispute campus parking tickets. The document claimed O'Neal's ticketed car had been sold to a woman who was a family friend. But the woman said she never purchased a vehicle from O'Neal. O'Neal is still serving as SGA vice president.