Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon October 11, 2004
AU President Tells Alums It's Time to Move Forward
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Auburn University interim President Ed Richardson met with the new officers of the school's Alumni Association Saturday. He told the alums that it's time for Auburn to forget the rocky past with the administration and to move ahead without squabbling. Richardson also challenged the association to set and reach a goal for scholarship funds. He also summarized key points from his meetings with the board of trustees as well as with Auburn's accrediting agency, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. SACS placed Auburn on probation in December because of allegations of micro-management by trustees. Richardson says he remains confident that the school's probation will be removed.