Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon May 21, 2012
ASU To Beef Up Environmental Commitment
Montgomery, AL – Alabama State University and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency plan to partner for a greener campus and more environmental curricula.
The EPA will help the university beef up its environmental policy and science curricula and offer opportunities for students interested in environmental careers.
Data from the U.S. Department of Education show that the number of students pursuing science and other technological careers is decreasing.
The agreement between the two organizations is designed to help address the dwindling participation of students in environmental fields. It is also meant to help the EPA attract a more diverse workforce from the historically-black college.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)