Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon July 21, 2014
Artur Davis Eyes 2015 Race For Montgomery Mayor
Former U.S. Rep. Artur Davis says he will set up an exploratory committee for the 2015 mayor's race in his hometown of Montgomery.
Davis says he will establish the committee on Aug. 25, one year before the election. The former congressman says he will enter the race for mayor if the exploratory committee determines the resources and grassroots support are there for a campaign.
Davis made the announcement in an opinion article for al.com.
Davis says he knows he will have to explain to African-American voters why he switched from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party after losing the Democratic primary for governor in 2010. He says he will also explain why being a Republican doesn't mean that he's lost his heart for struggling people.
Former Congressman-Mayor's Race
Davis To Address GOP