Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Decatur Entertainment District
Mon April 1, 2013
Arts District Proposed in Ala City
The city of Decatur is considering whether to become the home of a new arts and entertainment district.
Council members are set to vote on the proposal, which includes a provision to let people carry alcoholic beverages on some streets.
Tina Hall operates The Brick Deli and Tavern in Decatur, and she thinks an entertainment district is a good idea. She thinks it will help the area.
But others aren't so sure. Joshlyne Springer of Florence says allowing alcohol outside of businesses could create less of a family feel in Decatur.
WAAY-TV (http://bit.ly/1182gWV ) reports that council members are scheduled to consider the idea at a meeting Monday night.
The proposal would include some restrictions, including types of containers that are allowed outside and specific boundaries for the proposed district.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.