Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Arts & Life
Mon November 11, 2013
Arctic air on the way for Alabama...brrr.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Arctic air is expected to bring freezing temperatures to northern Alabama. The National Weather Service projects that temperatures will dip to the lower to mid-20s in some areas. In the Gadsden area, low temperatures on Tuesday night could fall to around 26 degrees. The next night, forecasters expect the temperature to drop to around 21 degrees in Gadsden. In the Huntsville area, low temperatures are expected to be around 25 degrees Tuesday night and around 23 degrees Wednesday night. Similar temperatures are expected in the Florence area, with lows around 25 degrees Tuesday night and 24 degrees Wednesday night.