Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Mon November 11, 2013
Arctic air on the way for Alabama...brrr.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Arctic air is expected to bring freezing temperatures to northern Alabama. The National Weather Service projects that temperatures will dip to the lower to mid-20s in some areas. In the Gadsden area, low temperatures on Tuesday night could fall to around 26 degrees. The next night, forecasters expect the temperature to drop to around 21 degrees in Gadsden. In the Huntsville area, low temperatures are expected to be around 25 degrees Tuesday night and around 23 degrees Wednesday night. Similar temperatures are expected in the Florence area, with lows around 25 degrees Tuesday night and 24 degrees Wednesday night.