Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Winter Weather- Alabama
Tue November 12, 2013
Arctic Air Prompts Freeze Warning For Most Of Ala.
A freeze warning covers most of Alabama as arctic air approaches the area.
The National Weather Service says the warning will be in effect Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Forecasters say temperatures are expected to fall into the middle and upper 20s both mornings.
The warning covers cities such as Birmingham, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Anniston, Gadsden, Opelika and Troy.
Forecasters say the freeze should bring an end to the growing season across central Alabama.
A wind advisory is also in effect through 4 p.m. for all of northern Alabama, where gusts of up to 25 mph are expected.