Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Winter Weather- Alabama
Tue November 12, 2013
Arctic Air Prompts Freeze Warning For Most Of Ala.
A freeze warning covers most of Alabama as arctic air approaches the area.
The National Weather Service says the warning will be in effect Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Forecasters say temperatures are expected to fall into the middle and upper 20s both mornings.
The warning covers cities such as Birmingham, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Anniston, Gadsden, Opelika and Troy.
Forecasters say the freeze should bring an end to the growing season across central Alabama.
A wind advisory is also in effect through 4 p.m. for all of northern Alabama, where gusts of up to 25 mph are expected.