Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue July 13, 2004
Another Judge Assigned to Siegelman Case
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – The judicial merry-go-round continued Tuesday in the criminal case against former Governor Don Siegelman. U-S District Judge Scott Coogler has stepped down from the case because his children have been treated by Tuscaloosa physician Phillip Bobo. Bobo is one of Siegelman's co-defendants. Coogler became the third judge to step aside from the case to avoid conflict of interest concerns. The case has been reassigned to U-S District Judge U-W Clemon, who's the chief federal judge in north Alabama.